Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Game: The Girl



In my game you play as a young girl walking through her house looking for her parents after there is an explosion nearby.  I originally intended for the game to be centered around a US drone strike on a civilian pakistani house, but I instead left it vague as to who or what caused the explosion so the player can come up with his own ideas.  The foreign words on the wall (Urdu, popular language in Pakistan) should give hints as to what part of the world this is in.  Other than the girl, the only other people are the silhouettes of the dead people.  I wanted them, and the text that accompanies them, to represent the terrorists who bomb populated areas and kill civilians, whether that be suicide bombers or the CIA and their drone strikes.  I meant for the text to imply that they don't see the victims of their bombs as much more than statistics or people who got in the way.  Also, by putting them in multiple scenes, I wanted to give the sense that they're always watching and always instilling fear in people.

No comments:

Post a Comment